2006-08-19

Electro-Physiology and Catheter Abelation update

I went down to Sunnybrook after quitting Sotalol for three days and took the Electro-Physiology study. I failed the test as my heart did not go into any abnormal rythm or tachychardia so I was not ablated. Now I am going to have an external recorder attached for six weeks and they will then decide what to do next. So far I feel better off the drug and my episodes seem to be reasonably mild, certainly tolerable if they do not last too long. I have to be off the Sotalol anyways for the tests and am considering going off altogether and putting up with the symptoms for awhile at least. When I was being prepared for the test I had to take off all my clothes and put on a gown. This is the first time I have been naked in a room since I was born, and I have no plans to repeat the experience.

If anyone has gone through this I would like their comments. Maybe there are some sort of support groups on the internet, I should look.

No comments: