2007-11-04

Sibling Rivalry

While I can understand why my brother and sister might resent a rather large headed infant invading their comfortable world decades ago,and I might even forgive them for ganging up on me and teasing me about my head size, among other things,because we were all children at the time, you would think after all this time they could shed some of this baggage and treat me as an adult and accordingly some respect. As a child being bigger and older might have counted as being superior but being born first or before yourself no longer really has any import when one has reached adulthood, unless an accumulation of skills or wealth might infer some sort of superiority. Would a sit down and a long talk ameliorate this situation, I am not sure, as my opinions are already discounted? I wonder if I should console myself that other people have awful stories of destructive behaviours on the part of their siblings, while mine, though not close are at least civil.

No comments: