2007-12-13

What happened to Christmas?

What happened to Christmas? Christians are throwing a birthday party but they are not invited. In order not to ""offend"" non-christians the holiday has turned secular. No longer content with a bag of nuts, and orange, a rag doll or when you got older, a bike! Obligatory gifts have turned Christmas into Giftmas or Gimme-mas.

What happened to Christmas, I don't know, I have grown older and the society around me has changed. Maybe the Christmas I remember really never was, seen through a child's eyes everything is different, only the memories how I saw it then remain.

Merry Christmas anyway, no matter how you celebrate it. (Uh, I want a Wii, a flat screen TV, a PVR (Tivo to you Americans) and a laptop. However a Merry Christmas in return would be o.k. too.)

No comments: