2008-05-01

Goodbye, mum, I love you.

On May 9th I will bury my mother. She died earlier this year and the burial is delayed until spring, so it was decided to bury her on her birthday, which seems fitting somehow. With many bumps along the way she managed to survive to an old age many of us aspire to. With bouts of ill health, a world war, immigration to a new country and the death of her husband she always found strength to continue. Unfortunately battling the tides of time and the natural cycles of birth and death overtook her eventually.

My mother was described as such a nice woman, which she was. She was unselfish to a fault, and unfortunately sometimes taken advantage of because of her generosity. She loved her family and was not sometimes fully appreciated by them. In her later years as her health deteriorated and I had to take care of her more and more, I became good friends and came to appreciate her more. I miss her so much now, I lost a good friend as well as a loving mother. Goodbye, mum, I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you lost your mother......

She will always be in your heart and will always be with you...

God bless you.......

Your friend,

Donny


PS-

I found your page when reading your message here:

http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1832

and i clicked the link in your signature......


Im so sorry....